A major Problem:- Damping off
- In the nursery the disease may appear in patches, Seedlings die due to this disease before or after emergence.
- If we carefully dig down into the soil, you will find seeds that have become soft and mushy which will start to disintegrate.
- The stem of young seedlings showing water soaking lesions, brownish color and shriveling of the stem which fall over and die.
- Optimal conditions for the development of the disease are:- Poor drainage, High relative humidity (90-100%) and higher soil temperature (20-28 °C)
- Provide light, but frequent irrigation with better drainage.
- Thiophanate methyl applies on soil 0.5 gm/square meter at the time of nursery bed preparation.
- Second Spray at 20 DAS:- Metalaxyl-M ( Mefanoxam ) 4% + Mancozeb 64% WP 500 gm/acre.
Like and share with other farmers by clicking on the button below.