Management of Termites in Wheat:-
- Termites damage the crop soon after sowing and sometimes near maturity.
- They feed on roots, stems of growing plants, even dead tissues of plant feeding on cellulose.
- The damaged plants dry up completely and are easily pulled out.
- The plants damaged at later stages give rise to white ears.
- Infestation is heavy under unirrigated conditions and in the fields where un-decomposed farmyard manure is applied before sowing.
- Apply deep ploughing before sowing.
- Use well rotten FYM in field.
- Fill kerosine in mound of termite.
- The seed should be treated with Chlorpyriphos (20% EC) @ 5 ml/kg of seed before sowing.
- Broadcast Chlorpyriphos (20% EC)@ 1 litre/Acre with any fertilizer.
Like and share with other farmers by clicking on button below