- The population of Pulse beetle has been observed rapidly after 60 days of stored granular storage period.
- Due to the initial loss due to transplantation of beetle in gram, 87.23% seed damage and 37.15% weight loss were observed within 120 days of storage.
- In various oils and plant products tested, Neem and castor oil @ 6 ml/kg seed proved effective for four months of storage.
- Coat the seed with small quantities of vegetable oil or mix neem leaves in the stored grain.
- Dip jute bag in 10% Malathion solution.
- use airtight storage structure.
- Fumigation with aluminum phosphide protects the seed without affecting the viability.
Like and share with other farmers by clicking on button below.