- Fungus attack usually starts on the germinating seed, spreading hypocotyls, basal stem and developing taproot.
- Infected seedlings appear pale green with brownish water-soaked lesions at the basal portions of the stem.
- Raise nursery beds at least 10 cm high.
- Treat the seeds with carbendazim @ 2 gm/kg of seed.
- To avoid mortality of seedlings due to damping off, drenching of the beds with Mancozeb 75% WP @ 400-600 gm/acre, is effective.
Like and share with other farmers by clicking on button below