Management of Downy Mildew in Onions:-
- Violet colour fungus on the surface of leaves or flower stalk, which later becomes pale greenish yellow colour.
- Finally, the leaves or seed stalks collapses.
- The disease is worst in damp condition, late planting and application of higher doses of fertilizer and numerous irrigation.
- Onion bulb used for seed crop should be exposed to sunlight for 12 days to destroy the fungus.
- Spray with Mancozeb + Metalxyl or Carbendazim + Mancozeb @ 400 Gm/Acre at fort night interval.
Like and share with other farmers by clicking on button below