- choose healthy seeds for showing.
- The seeds should be treated with recommended fungicide before sowing.
- The continuous raising of the nursery in the same plot should be avoided.
- The topsoil of the nursery should be treated with Carbendazim @ 5 gm/square m. area of the soil and the nursery should be drenched with Carbendazim @ 2gm/litre of water fortnightly.
- Soil solarization by spreading 250 gauge polythene sheet over the bed for 30 days before sowing in summer season should be done.
- Application of bio-control agent Trichoderma viride in soil @ 500 gram/acre is also found effective to control damping-off to a considerable extent.