- In India, about 13.2% of economic yield losses have been reported due to insect-pests attack and disease incidence.
- In different agro-climatic zones of our country, this insect has been reported as the cause of loss of 26.7 to 80.4% of the total yield of maize.
- Young larvae inter the midrib of the stem and feed the internal tissue and make a shot hole on the stem of the plant. (Causing a condition referred to as “dead heart”).
- It damaged the crop from 10-12 DAS to till harvesting.
- Soil application of carbofuran 3% G@ 5-7 kg per acre.
- The spray of Dimethoate 30% EC@180-240 ml per acre.
Like and share with other farmers by clicking on the button below.