Root Knot Nematode in Tomato:-
- The nematode attacks the roots and produces tiny galls.
- The infested plants show symptoms of withering and wilting of leaves.
- The block the movement of nutrients and water in the plant system and subjected to wilt and finally leads to death.
- Growth of the plant is stunted fruiting capacity adversely affected.
- Yellow of the foliage and wilting of the upper leaves occurs.
- Use resistant varieties.
- Do use deep summer ploughing to control root-knot nematode.
- Neem cake at the rate 80 Kg/Acre should be applied for effective control.
- Carbofuran 3G at the rate 8 kg/acre should be applied as soil treatment.
- Paecilomyces lilacinus-1% WP @ 10 g / kg seed for seed treatment, 50 gm / meter sq Nursery Treatment, 2.5 to 5 kg/ Hectare Soil application.
Like and share with other farmers by clicking on button below